Pages

Monday 8 April 2019

Surfing

On the Yr, 7&8's went surfing at Sumner beach. We arrived at Sumner beach and lined up for wet suits even though I thought it was stupid to have to wear a wetsuit. We then got ourselves a surfboard and carried it back into a dry patch of grass and placed it in a circle facing the middle. They gave us a quick lesson then lined us up against a rocky wall and gave us a brief talk about water safety and rules about being in the water. Then we strode out onto the beach and out into the water where we started surfing. I remember it was a struggle trying to carry my board it was just so BIG. Once you got far out enough you could get big waves that could take you up to the shore. It was a lot of fun even though I only stood up once and only for a second before I lost my balance and went crashing into the waves and tugged under my board.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lucy
    my names Kya from 7/8bh I just really wanted to say you need to upload more this is really over dated and nice work thats all for now CYAAAA

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.