Pages

Friday 31 July 2020

Making Pita pockets!

Today during our practical lesson of cooking we put together pita pockets. We had a choice to include cheese, onion, ham, lettuce, carrot, and tomatoes into our pita pocket bases. My group all decided on including all of the ingredients listed. We started off gathering our ingredients along with our equipment followed by preparing all of the vegetables we were going to use to stuff the pita pockets. The hardest part of making the pita pockets was cutting them open and stuffing them full of ingredients without the bread ripping or cutting the top off. After stuffing them and drizzling sauces into them our final product was complete!  My end result wasn't as pleasing as I had hoped for but it was only split into two pieces so I see that as a win. Because I had to be very delicate when putting in the ingredients I wasn't able to fully stuff the pita pocket so it tasted kinda bland even though the sauces helped with the dry bread. Overall I think I did ok, I and my team worked excellently together and got the job done quickly without too much mess.

Ingredients that we used -

Carrots -
Carrots clipart vegetable, Carrots vegetable Transparent FREE for ...


Onions -
▷ Onions: Animated Images, Gifs, Pictures & Animations - 100% FREE!

Pita pockets -
Pita Wrap Stock Illustrations – 553 Pita Wrap Stock Illustrations ...

Cheese -
Cheese - Panneau Code De La Route, HD Png Download , Transparent ...

Ham -
Sliced Ham PNG Clip Art - Best WEB Clipart
Tomatoes -

Tomatoes Transparent Png Clip Art - Full Size Clipart (#164678 ...
Lettuce -

Transparent Salad Clip Art - Lettuce Clipart , Free Transparent ...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy. I like your blog. You give an honest account of the issue you had with cutting and filling the pocket. I am interested in your comment about the blandness. What sauce did you use? Have you thought of toasting the pocket? Both these might improve the flavour for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.