Pages

Monday 10 August 2020

The Javan Rhinoceros Investigation.

The next part of my sustainability assignments consisted of creating an investigation about a sustainability topic that draws in our mathematics skills that we have gathered over the course of this hurumanu. For my investigation, I wanted to focus on Critically endangered species, so I chose the Javan rhino. The purpose of my investigation was to answer my question "How do we know if what we are doing to protect rhinos is effective?" To do this I had to look into what was being done to save the Javan rhino but also the status of the Javan rhino population over 50 years. The answer to my question was Yes, it is effective. Even though the population has only increased by around 50 from 1965 to 2020 it is a big step to getting a stable number of Javan rhino.  To include some mathematics skills we had to create a graph of our findings from the investigation, I presented my results through a line graph as I thought it was most effective for showing the growth in population.  To present my investigation work I decided to keep it simple and do it on google slides. This investigation was very inspiring as I never realized how critically endangered this species was and what is being done about this issue.


1 comment:

  1. Great work Lucy! Another wonderful job. It would have been good to see a more developed plan in how you were collecting data and exploring some reasons as to why the data you have collected could have errors, but overall, this is a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.