Pages

Friday 5 November 2021

Textiles (Commercial patterns)

Textiles  - 

Currently, in textiles we are looking at commercial patterns, to further our learning of commercial patterns symbols and techniques we started the project of creating a bucket hat. We have been working on this project for 2 weeks now and I have almost completed my bucket hat and just have the finishing touches to make it look even better. I thought this was such a fun activity and didn't struggle too much with creating a bucket hat although this was my first time creating a piece of clothing. The bucket hat has two layers that can reverse to have 2 bucket hats in one. The hat is created by 5 pieces of fabric (Top, Crown, Brim) using the commercial patterns below, the 2 crown and brim fabrics are sewn together to create a ring, the crown gets sewn together with the top, then sew the brim to the edge of the crown fabric. Once those steppes had been repeated for both patterns, I sewed them together to create the product that I have now. 

Commercial pattern  - 











My bucket hat progress - (Kahciar is my model) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.