Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2019

The New kāhui's

This week we moved into the new kāhui's, Mohua, Riroriro, and Tieke which are named after our native birds, mohua on the right next to the gym riroriro in the middle and Tieke on the left next to the Auditorium. The renovation of the new classes took around 1 year and cost 27 million to build. I found out a few weeks earlier than we were sharing that class with another class but my teacher refused to tell us which class we were with and in until last week when he told us that we were moving in with Sh, first I didn't like the fact that we had to share a classroom with another class until I found out that 3 of the classes had to share a classroom in another kahui  and i was ok with sharing it with sh. So let's talk about how much I hate, in mean love the new building :)

The first time I ventured into the new classes at Hornby high it was actually during the blessing and the classrooms weren't fully finished so when I saw the classrooms for the second time on the tour on Monday I was surprised to see that there were still wires hanging out because they hadn't put all the outlets in, but not only that some of the ceiling tiles hadn't been put in yet. The only other problem I had with our class in Tieke was the walls, which happened to be the first thing that caught my attention when I took the first glance at my new classroom, the walls were orange, well not all of them but one of them was. If im being honest I hate the wall... a lot. but again that wasn't the only thing that caught my attention I felt cold, really really cold. When I looked up there was one fan going at a reasonable pace but when I looked at the other one it was on hyperdrive, light speed even so that was annoying but not as annoying as the whistling sound which continued to annoy me for the whole dam day. 

But thats enough of me going on about everything I dislike about the building onto the goods!
So the first thing I have to mention is the lights on the TVs! they are awesome because they light up the wall behind them and it looks cool. The next thing is the tiered seating which I thought was cool even though it only fits one class on it, it also has desks at the back and sides for you to work on which I thought was a good use of space. The second to last thing was the number of tables and tv's in the class it is awesome it is like a maze of tables with huge TVs on the wall. Ok, the last thing that stood out to me was the natural lighting in the class it just made it feel so open and, nice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.