Pages

Friday 28 July 2017

My Holidays

Because it has just been the holidays we got to pick one thing we could write about that happened in the Holidays and because it was my Nanna's   80th birthday I decided that I wanted to write about that.
Once we had written our work our teacher turned off the red squiggly lines that pop up if you spell a word wrong. So we had to do it ourselves and trust our instincts. I found it hard to know if I had spelled a word wrong. if i do

The Dinner


Walking in the door and woof woof woof was all you can hear. A couple of days ago on Sunday night me and all of my family were on our way to my aunties and uncles house for a family gathering because my Nanna is turning 80!!!!!.


We arrived at five o'clock ,silently opened the door the suddenly out of nowhere... woof woof woof!! Murphy The medium drown dog took one look at me and then ran off.
We squeezed through the door and there was my uncle greeting us. I put the food up on the bench and sat down with my sisters.After a while my family slowly started flooding in once my whole family was here we were all in a tight squeeze since there was 40 of us so me and my sisters moved into the small lounge and started playing some card games and dad was off to get the chips for tea.


The door was opened and dad was back with the chips and tea was called up. There was all of a sudden a huge rush to get tea, I got in first and got chips with tomato sauce,chicken and some lamb after I got my meal I headed into the small lounge and sat at the table. Of course I had the chips first but suddenly it all came to an end when I ran out of the yummiest tomato  sauce in the world ‘NNNNNN OOOOO!!!’ but then…  I SAW THE STUFFING!! I was skipping with glee to grab my stuffing ‘yay’. I finished my food within seconds and put my plate on the crystal marble bench and headed back into the playroom to play some memory and of course I won.

After playing memory for a while kids ice creams were called up and  the flavors were chocolate,coconut,and salted caramel and I love salted caramel so I got salted caramel in a cone  and soon after cake was ready and we were all lining(lining)  up for a piece of birthday cake and because it was carrot cake they added NUTS whyyyyy!!!! I hate nuts so luckily there was vanilla cake and banana cake with creamy chocolate icing yummy and best of all homemade raspberry sauce.


Once we had finished eating we played cars with all of my causins (cousins)and soon after it was time to go home so we packed up and headed out to exposur (explore) the outside and that's when everyone went crazy we were running up and down the drive the dog was barking we were screaming we had gone mad. After settling down with another piece of cake we jumped in the car and headed home.

It was fun it was so nice to see my whole entire family literally everyone and  it was cool to hang out with the scruffy dog Murphy .

4 comments:

  1. hi Lucy
    My name is Connie from SHS and i really like how you corected your spelling next to your writing in red. I also made a holiday recout mabey you could check out mine. Next time can youb add in a picture.

    From Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie thank you for commenting. just to notify you, you need a capitol I.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lucy thats really kind of you telling me that

      Delete
  2. Great description Lucy. It was a very special night for Nana and for us all to have such a big family get to gether!

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.