Pages

Friday 25 January 2019

Day 3 Taking Action Activity 1 SLJ

Activity 1
For this activity we have to watch three videos and then pick wich one we liked the most and why?


Predator Free Video #1: Cacophony Project
Predator Free Video #2: Taranaki Mounga Project
Predator Free Video #3: Zero Invasive Predators (ZIP)
My favourite video was the first video the Cacophony Project . I liked this video the most because they were using technology to create better traps and Sound systems to try and decrease how many possums there were to help protect the native birds. The best thing about this project is anyone can use the idea and then make it 2x better than it already is.
Image result for nz native birds

1 comment:

  1. Bula vinaka Lucy,

    I really enjoyed learning about the Cacophony project as well. Isn't it amazing what technology enables us to do? It's awesome that we have people here in New Zealand who are using their knowledge and skills to help preserve and protect our native birds.

    My family has land up north (where I'm from) that is surrounded by bush. When I was younger, my dad would take my siblings and me out to help him set possum traps. They weren't anywhere near as high-tech as these ones but it did feel pretty good to be helping eradicate (get rid of) pests.

    Well done on completing another activity - keep them coming! :)

    Happy blogging Lucy!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.