Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Journey Through Time

For four weeks  I am Going to be doing the summer learning journey about the history of New Zealand. This is the second week of my journey and the seventh day.


Activity One 

For this activity we have to write down some ways that we use to distress ourselves.

1. The first thing I would do would probably be go in my room and lay down and watch YouTube.
2. The next thing I would do would be sleep.
3.Another way would be reading a book and having some quiet time to myself.
4. also I would  sit and watch a movie with someone I trust.


Activity Two

For this activity we have to Imagine that you were alive in the 1930s. What could you have done to help these families without money ? so we have to list three different ways that you could raise money for families to help them buy food and clothing.


1. You could have a big show with animals and magicians like a circus.
2. You could have a raffle and all the money goes towards the families.
3. Maybe we could have a food festival and everyone can come and bring a plate if they want to.

Bonus Activity

Imagine that you were able to travel back in time to visit a family in the 1930s. What special gifts or treats would you like to bring with you? I would likely bring blocks of Whitaker's chocolate, bags of Jet Planes and Pineapple Lumps, healthy food snacks, clothing, and games for the children. What about you?


If it was me I would bring healthy food and clean water. Also I would bring warm clothes and probably chocolate.





2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Lucy,

    My name is Georgia and I am the cluster manager for the Kaikohekohe (Northland) cluster. For the next few days, I'll be commenting on students blogs from Uru Manuka and I am very excited to see the work you all have been doing this summer.

    It's great to see you have been actively getting involved with our programme. I really enjoyed reading today's blog posts. I especially like number 4 in your list of ideas to de-stress. I think spending time with someone you trust is an awesome way to help when you aren't feeling 100%. They are great for if you need to talk through an issue or just need support and comfort.

    I think the raffle idea is very smart. We used to do raffles at school and students would bring in an item to put in a big hamper, then they would raffle them off and use the money to do things around the school. Like new computers or a playground for us to use.

    Your list of things you'd take back to the 1930's is great. I wonder how different chocolate tastes now to back then. Do you have a favourite type of chocolate that you'd share with a 1930's family?

    Keep up the awesome work and I look forward to reading more of your blogposts soon.

    Nga mihi
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy, I have been doing the summer learning journey too. I have enjoyed reading your blog, have a look at mine.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.