Pages

Sunday 7 January 2018

Journey Through Time


For four weeks  I am Going to be doing the summer learning journey about the history of New Zealand. This weeks activity's are about the begging. Today is the second day of my journey.

Activity one 

For this activity we had to describe the difference between a normal house and a wharepuni which is a Maori place were they slept.

The Differences between a house and a Wharepuni

A  house is normally made out of bricks, but a Wharepuni is made out of timber and bark.
A  house has more than one room but a Wharepuni has one big room.
Most  houses have carpet but a wharepuni has cold hard floors. 

Activity two 
For this task we have to draw a picture of what we want to be when we grow up. For this one I found it quite easy because I have always wanted to be a writer.















Bonus activity

For this activity we have to take a picture of our favourite food and say what it is and why it is our favourite food and include the recipe if we know it.


My favourite food would have to be chocolate pudding because it is warm and moist in the middle and has a warm thick chocolatey sauce and it also really good with ice cream and its quite easy to make because it is self saucing the recipe is =

1. Preheat oven to 180 c.
2. Grease a a medium baking dish about 20x15cm with butter.
3. Bring a full kettle to boil.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of milk, 1 egg,and 1/2 cup of melted butter.
5. In a different large bowl sieve 1 cup of flour,1 teaspoon of baking powder and two tablespoons of coco       powder, then stir in 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
6. Slowly add the wet mix to the flour mix and whisk gently together until smooth and mixed in.
7. Pour into prepared dish and smooth it out.
8. In a small bowl add 3/4 of a cup of brown sugar ,sieve in 2 tablespoons of coco powder then sprinkle it       over the pudding.
9. Slowly pour hot water over the pudding evenly.
10. Place the dish over a tray to stop spills and put it in the oven for 25-30 mins. Serve immediately while still warm, enjoy.






                                                                                                                       

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Lucy,

    Jade F here from the Summer Learning Journey! Well done on completing another set of activities. For your first activity, you listed the differences and similarities between your own house and a wharepuni.Good job on identifying some! I agree that some modern houses do have carpet, some have wooden floors, even cement floors sometimes! But did you know that the wharepuni actually didn’t have any floors?! It was just the ground! How crazy is that?

    In your second activity, you wrote that your dream job is to become a writer which I thought was brilliant! We always need new writers in the world to produce more stories to read, I love reading so that’s great you would like to do that when you’re older! What kind of writing would you like to do? Is there a favourite genre of books or author that you would like to aspire to be? Let me know in a comment!

    With your bonus activity, that’s awesome that your favourite meal is chocolate pudding. I thought your chocolate pudding recipe is making me very hungry because I LOVE chocolate! I might even try making it at home some time! Do you make your chocolate puddings for desserts most nights or would say it’s for special occasions?

    Hope to hear from you soon and keep up the amazing blog posts Lucy!

    Bye for now,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jade thanks for commenting. And yes there is someone who inspires me and that is Enid Blyton
      I love his books like The Magic Faraway Tree and The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair.Also about the chocolate pudding yes it is very yummy but I wouldn't recommend having it all the time because its really bad for you :(bye :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Lucy,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey team, I am excited to be back to read another blog post! I really like the background picture of your blog. One of my favourite colour is blue and the lights sparkle like glitters.

    First of all, you've done some amazing work figuring out the similarities and differences between wharepuni and modern houses that we live in today. Yes, I agree that our houses have many rooms built for different purposes and wharepuni has just one big room for many people to sleep together on the floor. Imagine sleeping with a lot of people together in one room!

    Secondly, I like how you included a drawing of yourself as a writer! What kind of writer do you want to be? Would you want to write novels or non-fiction books? Which genre - horror, fantasy, romance, historical? I've read The Adventures of the Wishing Chair few years ago! I found it really interesting and I remember myself enjoy reading the book :)

    Oooooooh, I would love to try out your chocolate pudding recipe! I love sweet things and my number one favourite would be anything to do with chocolates! Lots and lots of chocolates, but I need to control myself because it's not really good for my teeth.
    Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    I hope to hear back from you.

    All the best,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.