Pages

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Journey Through Time


For four weeks  I am Going to be doing the summer learning journey about the history of New Zealand. This is the Third  week of my journey and the ninth day.

Activity One 

For this activity we have to write down what we think about the one type of meat and three veg rule for dinner do we like the rule why or why not?

For me I like this rule because I like meat and I like having fresh veges especially mash potato and gravy. Also I like that rule because it means that I don't have to eat all the junk food for tea.

Activity Two

In the 1950s the population of New Zealand grew by 400,000 because so many people were having kids and the popular names for them were=
GIRLS BOYS
Christine John
Susan David
Margaret Peter
Judith Michael
Jennifer Robert
So for this activity we have to write down which names are most popular at our                                          school.

For the girls it would be = Lilly,Emily,Ella,Hayley 
For the boys it would be =Sam,Logan,Jayden

Bonus Activity

For this activity we have to design the front of a post card Kiwiana that we would sent to a friend.





1 comment:

  1. Hi there Lucy,

    Jade F here from the SLJ team! Well done on completing another set of tasks.

    Activity 1- Great job on writing a response to the one meat, three veg rule. I especially liked how you mention the particular veggies that you would have with your dinner. I really like mashed potato and gravy as well! What kind of meat would you have with your veggies? I prefer chicken or mince.

    Activity 2- Good job on identifying the most popular names in your school! It’s very interesting how much the popular names have changed over the years. When I was in school, I discovered that there was three other people who had the same name as me! I didn’t think my own name was so common at my school! There’s even another Jade in the Summer Learning Journey team! Do you know anyone in your school that shares the same name as you?

    Bonus activity- I was very impressed with your postcard design. It really depicts a kiwi summer, being at the beach with family and friends. The aspect of your postcard that I liked the most was the pukeko in the grass, that is definitely a common thing to see pukekos all around the place in New Zealand!

    Keep up the great work Lucy. I look forward to reading more of your blog posts!

    All the best,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.