Pages

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Journey Through Time

For four weeks  I am Going to be doing the summer learning journey about the history of New Zealand. This is the second week of my journey and the eighth day.

Activity One 


For this activity we have to pretend that we were alive in 1945 and we had to plan a party at your house to celebrate VE day.


If it was me I would have a big barbecue and invite everyone I knew to come over to have lunch and swim in the pool and stay to dance around and do some karaoke in the man cave and play cricket in the front yard.

Activity two 

For this activity we have to compare two different photos of dress styles and decide which one we would prefer and why?

For me I like the first photo because it looks cuter ans its a fitted shape and they have collars and buttons.

Photo 2


Photo 1  











Bonus activity

For this activity we have to write down the recipe for our favorite sweet treat and mine would be banana and chocolate chip muffins.



Ingredients=

2 cups flour 
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 egg, gently whisked
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g butter, melted butter 
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1 cup (2 large bananas)  mashed banana 


Instructions=

Preheat oven to 200 C.
Combine flour, sugar and chocolate chips in a bowl. Make a hole in the center and pour in combined egg,  vanilla, butter, and baking soda dissolved in milk.  Add banana and gently mix until ingredients are just mixed in. 
Place spoonfuls into muffin pans and bake for 12-15 minutes until springy on the surface








1 comment:

  1. Hi there Lucy,

    Jade F here from the Summer Learning Journey team! I hope you’re having a good summer. Good job with completing another set of activities. I really liked reading about what would you do for a VE party. I would have a barbeque with my family and friends as well. Swimming and karaoke sounds like a really fun idea to have at a VE day! What would be your go-to song for karaoke?

    With your second activity, I thought your comparison between the photos was fantastic. Could you spot any differences or similarities between the fashion in the 1940’s and fashion now? If you had the chance, would you wear any of the pieces of clothing from the 1940’s?

    Thanks for sharing the recipe for your favourite sweet treat, banana chocolate muffins are so yummy! Just looking at the photo and recipe is making me hungry! I might just try making these at home for my family. My mum makes banana chocolate muffins sometimes and they’re so delicious! Do you make your banana chocolate muffins at home often or is it just for occasions?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts and keep up the good work.

    All the best,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.